, , , ,

Pioneers of Antimony

In 1873, Albert Guiser and others located in a fertile meadow which they named Grass Valley. Surveyors camped on a stream, lassoed a young coyote and called the place Coyote Creek. The first L.D.S. settlers were Isaac Riddle and family who took up land on the east fork of the Sevier River. Later a school house was built, and the Marion Ward organized with Culbert King as Bishop. In 1920 the name was officially changed to Antimony after the antimony mines east of the valley.

This is D.U.P. historic marker #137, located at 160 E Center Street (Highway 22) in Antimony, Utah