First called Lake Fork, this area was homesteaded 1905. Settlers platted sites for Mountain Home, Boneta and Talmage, hauled water from Lake Fork River, dug irrigation canal, built homes, threshed first crops of wheat with flail for seed and flour, carried mail weekly from Duchesne, opened post office in Andrew Madsen’s home, 1908. Mountain Home residents fired brick for schoolhouse, Margaret Moffitt, teacher. The three towns were combined into Moonlake Ward Aug. 27, 1972.
This is D.U.P. Historic Marker #399 located at 20800 West 3800 North in Altamont, Utah