Box Elder County, Brigham City, DUP, Forts, Historic Markers, utah
The Davis Fort – Built 1851
Soon after the first white families settled at Box Elder, they built a temporary fort to protect themselves from Shoshone Indian attacks.
The Davis Fort was named after their leader, William Davis and consisted of a row of simple log cabins.
The people moved out of the fort in the spring of 1852.
This historic marker is located at 403 West 700 North in Brigham City, Utah and is #1 in the Brigham City Historic Tour and #200 of the S.U.P. historic markers.