A Tri-State Marker at the corner of the state boundaries for Colorado, Utah and Wyoming.
There is a sign on site that reads:
Public Land Survey Monument
Tri-State corner of Wyoming, Utah and Colorado
Lat. 41° 00′ 42.616″ N Long. 109° 02′ 42.158″ W. Elevation 8402′
This point was monumented by U.S. surveyor, Rollin J. Reeves, on July 19, 1879, while completing the survey of the western boundary of the State of Colorado and the east boundary of Utah Territory. The boundary line separating Wyoming Territory from Colorado and Utah Territories was surveyed by U.S. surveyor, A.V. Richards in 1873. The original monument was found to be disturbed in 1931 and was remarked by U.S. Cadastral Engineer, E.V. Kimmel, with a brass tablet seated in a concrete monument. This monument is one of the corners of the national Rectangular Cadastral Survey System, inaugurated in 1785, that has aided the development and orderly settlement of the public lands in the western states. From these monuments, state and local governments and private citizens are provided with easily identifiable boundaries. Such monuments serve as a base for the work of private surveyors in making accurate land subdivisions and descriptions.
This historical tri-state monument was erected by the Kiwanis Club and Boy Scout Troop 166 of Craig, Colorado in cooperation with the Bureau of Land Management dedicated on September 18, 1999.