In 1865 a treaty was signed requiring the Indians to move to the Uintah Reservation, which had been established by Brigham Young in 1851. Lt. Pardon Dodds, the first official Indian agent, built a log cabin and fort in 1867 on the upper Duchesne River, one mile above Tabiona, which was used by soldiers during Indian uprisings. The agency was moved to Fort Duchesne in 1868. Later the fort was burned and rocks from the chimney, which stood as a landmark for many years, were used to build this monument.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #151, located on Carter Lane (near the rodeo grounds) in Tabiona, Utah.