In 1869 Heleman Pratt, Wm. D. Kartchner and other L.D.S. church members came to Overton; built adobe homes; planted vineyards and crops. In 1871 double taxation forced an exodus from Muddy Valley. Local investors acquired the land, resold to returning pioneers 1880. John Munson, Overton Presiding Elder. Martha Cox taught school under trees until schoolhouse was finished. Jessie W. Crosby, Postmaster 1883. Isaiah Cox Sr., Ward Bishop 1884. This building first Moapa Stake House.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #385 located at the old hospital at 159 W Virginia in Overton, Nevada.