Under the Homestead Act of 1880, John Lingren acquired this land, cleared the sagebrush, raised vegetables and dairy products, started a nursery, planted hundred of fruit, evergreen, shade and ornamental trees. It became Idaho Falls’ first amusement park when in 1904-5 a picnic area, baseball diamond, dance pavilion, boating pond and swimming pool were added. In 1920 Idaho Falls purchased the park and later the old buildings were demolished, leaving only a log structure which had been used for school, church and tourist accommodations.
Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #286, erected in 1963 and located at 530 West Elva Street in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
These photos provided by Marshall Hurst: