Fort Henry was built in the fall of 1810 by Captain Andrew Henry and his companions of the Missouri Fur Company, about five miles below here on the left bank of this stream (Henry’s Fork of Snake River), first buildings erected by Americans in the present state of Idaho. It was abandoned in the spring of 1811 but was occupied in October of that year by Wilson Price Hunt and the overland Astorians, who left their horses, built canoes and sought to continue their journey by water to Astoria. The water journey ended at Cauldon Linn on the Snake River near the site of Milner Dam. The party proceeded on foot, ariving at Astoria Feb. 15, 1812.
Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #70 is also located here, 200 South Bridge Street in St Anthony, Idaho.
These photos were submitted by Marshall Hurst: