Cedar Point – Basalt
In 1879 the U.&N. Railroad Co. named their water stop, Basalt. Henry R. Whitmill settled in Cedar Point in 1884. Andrew O. Inglestrom filed on land, 1885. Others followed, built canal, homes, L.D.S. church house, cheese factory, two stores, saloon, blacksmith shop, log schoolhouse, L.M. Caps, teacher, postoffice, Marion Kerr, post mistress. Willian Dye dug first well. Cedar Point name changed to Basalt, 1888. Due to railroad improvements, the town was moved east in 1903.
The above text is from Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker #373 erected in 1970 at 824 North 675 East in Bingham, Idaho.
These photos provided by Marshall Hurst: