The Boise Idaho Temple is the 29th constructed and 27th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). The temple is located in the city of Boise, Idaho.
(The DUP Marker at the Temple)
Soon after the discovery of Gold in Northern Idaho (1862) the City of Boise was founded (1863). Its first people were the U.S. Cavalry, Merchants, Mining and Stockmen. Although a few Mormons from Utah had previously lived in this valley, it was not until Feb. 1903 that a branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was organized here in 1904. The “little white church” was purchased, which served the people until 1938. This monument is dedicated to those who triumphed over adversity in the establishment of a church.
Located outside the Boise LDS Temple.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup