Located three and one-half miles north of this marker, the first storage reservoir in Utah was begun in 1871, and completed in enlarged form, after going out three times. Length of dam, 127 feet, height 28 feet, made of earth and rocks. Cost, $10,000. Reservoir length, one and a half miles. Capacity, 1,566 acre feet, original building committee, Bishop William F. Rigby, Franklin W. Young, Stephen Catt, Swen Jacobs, and John Jenkins. First caretakers and watermasters, John Griffin, A.P. Welshman and Jonas N. Beck.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup