First Public Building
In 1882 the first settlers came to Teasdale, formerly called Bullberry. In 1885 land was purchased by the L.D.S. Church for $9.99 upon which they built the first public building in the settlement. George Coleman was the first presiding elder and later bishop. A building 20 feet by 30 feet was constructed of sawed logs and a large fire place was built in the west end. The cost of the building was $323.86 contributed in cash, labor, and grain. David C. Adams, Daniel Allen, and Sylvester Williams were the building committee. For many years it served the community for church, recreation and school purposes.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #185, erected in May of 1953 at 106 South Main Street in Teasdale, Utah.