1891-1892, William Carroll
The Bertolini Block is one of the few physical reminders of the immigrant communities which flourished in Salt Lake City at the turn of the century. Ignazio Bertolini, an Italian-American real estate developer, constructed the building in 1891-1892 as an office and residence.
Over the years, the main floor housed a variety of Italian, Green, Russian, and Japanese businesses, including several restaurants, barbers, groceries, and an organ grinder. The Bertolini Block is a good example of this type of small commercial buildings constructed in Salt Lake City in the late 19th century.
Look for a variety of brick patterns, carved stone, a tin cornice, and cast iron columns.
This is located at 145 West on 200 South in Salt Lake City.