The Kennedy Ditch was an early pioneer irrigation canal taken out of Parley’s canyon stream near 17th East. The construction was achieved as a co-operative work project, and the new channel named after its first Water Master, Charles Kennedy, a Utah pioneer of 1848. The area thus brought under cultivation. Covered 864 acres of small farm lands extending west of 13th East from near 21st South northward to 9th South, including this spot on Emerson Avenue.
Other DUP Markers are listed at JacobBarlow.com/dup