Tags

, , , , ,

In 1870, the first U.S. Government Weather Station in Utah was erected on this site by the War Department Signal Service, U.S. Army, Division of Telegrams and Reports, for the Benefit of Commerce. The observer was William W. McElroy. The Station was moved to Salt Lake City on March 18, 1874.

Related:

This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #136 located at 2335 North 4000 West in Corinne, Utah