Jensen (Mau-Be) Ferry
The first boat (framed together with
wooden pegs) used for passenger and bag-
gage was built and operated by Lars Jensen
2 1/2 miles down stream from 1881 to 1909. It
was replaced by a cable ferry for wagons in
1885 and a larger boat in 1894. This was used
until carried away by ice in 1909. Its last
service October 5, 1908 was 86 trips by his son
Jens, crossing run-away Indians migrating
from Uintah Reservation to the Dakotas.
The town was named in honor of Lars Jensen.
Replica, 1/8 Size of Last Boat. Made by Jens Jensen.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup