Tags

, , , , ,

picture7sep07-197

The site was surveyed August 1, 1852 and the mill (largest of its time in Utah) was dedicated May 6, 1853. Built on rock foundation with solid adobe walls trimmed with red sandstone. This burr mill operated until 1892, when roller mills replaced this type. For many years Bountiful Ward baptisms took place in the pond south of the mill. Millers, Daniel Davis, George Lincoln, George Winn, Richmond Louder, Charles Adcock, Wm. Adcock, Wm. D. Major.

Location:  905 Orchard Drive (corner Orchard Dr. and Mill St.), Bountiful, Utah

Markers at this location:

picture7sep07-196

Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup

Advertisements