In July, 1855, the first settlers in Cache Valley, 23 men and 2 women, under the leadership of Martin Ensign and Bryant Stringham, came to Willow Valley with about 2,000 cattle and established Elk Horn Ranch near Haw Bush Spring and built the first house. An early and severe winter killed most of the cattle; only 450 were alive in 1856. October 9, 1899, this property was deeded to Brigham Young College.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup