This is the oldest log cabin in Southern Utah. It was built in 1851 in Parowan by George Wood, one of the founders of Iron County, who later moved it to the Old Fort in Cedar City and then to his lot on North Main Street. Through the years it was the home of many pioneers and the birthplace of 24 children. It was presented to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers by the children of George and Mary Davies Wood, then moved to the Cedar City Park May 11, 1927, where the cabin was placed on a cement base and preserved by a canopy supported with four cobblestone pillars. April 29, 1983, it was moved to the Iron Mission State Park for protection and restoration.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup