, , , ,



This marker stands 90 ft. North of the gate to Lindsey’s Gardens, first playground in Utah. In 1865 Mark Lindsey and wife Bothiah Savill Lindsey, handcart pioneers of 1859, homesteaded a quartersection; built a home, dance hall, museum, lunch arbors, a bathhouse fed from a spring in the ravine, planted gardens, made swings, giant strides, whirleygigs, greasy poles, croquet and baseball grounds, sold soft drinks, homemade ice cream and cake. Admission adults 10c, children 5c.

Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup