Located in Randolph, Utah.
On March 14, 1870, the first pioneers arrived to establish a settlement in Bear River Valley. The townsite was surveyed in the summer of 1870 and named in honor of Randolph H. Stewart, the first Bishop. Heavy snows, early frosts and Indian troubles taxed the colonists’ endurance. The first meeting house in Randolph was a small log building which was used for a school and all public meetings. This spot was an early camp side of the pioneers.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup