285 feet north, 145 feet east of this site John Mills and his son, Martin W. built a sawmill in 1855. First logs were sawed July 13, 1856. In the late 50’s they erected a grist mill which was a square frame two-story building. The first corn was ground Dec. 15, 1861, and refined flour in 1862. A mill race was commenced March 26, 1855 to divert water from Provo River for power. Both mills were run by the same water-wheel. This is the original grinding stone.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup