Near this spot February 7, 1854, twenty-five men organized in military order, began the construction of a small fort for protection from the Indians. The walls, made of rock were seven feet high, almost two feet thick, and formed the outer wall of the homes of thirty-nine families. The fort enclosed one and one-half acres of land with a gate at the west side, a Post Office in the south, and Tithing Office in the northwest corner. It was completed in March 1854.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup