historic, Ogden, SUP, utah, Weber County
ODGEN CANYON TOLL GATE
805 feet north of this site was located the toll gate, established November 15, 1860, by Lorin Farr and Isaac Goodale, builders of the first road through Ogden Canyon. From 1865 to 1882 it was operated by the Ogden Canyon Road Company, with the original builders and John Taylor as principle stockholders. James Dinsdale was gate keeper for 14 years. It became a public road February 10, 1882.
See other historic markers in the series on this page for UPTLA/SUP Markers.
Pingback: Ogden, Utah (Formerly “Fort Buenaventura”) | JacobBarlow.com