Randolph lies in the shadow of the Crawford Mountains against the western foothills of the Upper Bear River between two creeks, Big Creek on the south and Little Creek on the north. In answer to a call from the general authorities of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Randolph H. Stewart and others arrived in the Bear River Valley March, 1870. One week later, Apostle Charles C. Rich and Company came. They surveyed the town and named it Randolph, in honor of the first Bishop, Randolph H. Stewart. Many others soon followed and by the spring of 1871 Randolph was a thriving town, having established a post office, store, blacksmith shop and sawmill. These early settlers were men and women with courage and fortitude ready to brave the severe climate and hardships. Progression has continued with the coming of electricity, the water system, modern communications and transportation. From the one-room schoolhouse, education continues with the latest technology and modern facilities. The cattle and sheep industries have sustained many families throughout the years. The stately tabernacle, dedicated July 26, 1914, depicts the faith of the early settlers. This devotion is evident today as men and women serve missions throughout the world. As the need to defend our freedom has arisen. many have responded to the call of our country … some having made the supreme sacrifice.
We salute those who have contributed to the development of this community. They are men and women of foresight and dedication … all desiring to establish an abundant life for now as well as for future generations!