In 1888 the men and boys of this community brought material from the mountains and built a hall on this spot of ground. They formed a company and rented the hall. The L.D.S. Church purchased the building when Jasper N. Robertson was first bishop. It was used for church, school, and recreation sixty-three years. The hall was razed in 1952. The bell was procured by Charles Oliphant in 1889 and hung in the belfry where it tolled for fires, time, funerals, and all special occasions.