Tags

, , , , , ,

DUP # 111

DUP # 111

20140810_173654 20140810_173658

On this site in December, 1880, a primitive meeting house was built, a log building which served the community for church, school, dramatic and recreational purposes. Orangeville had been a part of Castle Dale, but in 1882, it was organized as a Ward and named Orangeville for Orange Seeley, a prominent colonizer of Castle Valley. The first bishop was Jasper Robertson; first school teacher and musical director, Samuel R. Jewkes; first dramatic and social leader John. H. Reid.

Advertisements