Dixie Academy was constructed to provide advanced courses of study. The St. George Stake Academy officially began in 1888 and moved into this building in 1911. A four year program was recognized as two years of senior high and two years of college. The college program grew into the institution known and Dixie Jr. College and eventually Dixie College.
Pingback: St. George Children’s Museum | JacobBarlow.com