About 1872 Joseph Asay with his family settled about 3/4 of a mile west and a little south of this spot. Soon other homesteaders settled in the locality. Tom Jessup and Dan LeRoy erected a water power saw mill. A shingle mill was established, Jerome Asay P.M. Here he kept for sale some groceries and hardware items. A log house was built for church services, James Dutton and Issac Asay served as presiding elders. The building was also used for school and social activities. In 1892 the people became a part of the Mammoth Ward organized at Hatch 8 miles north. By 1900 Asay Town was abandoned, because of the short growing seasons and long hard winters.
Asay was also known as Aaron for time, named for Aaron Asay.