U.P.T.L.A. Marker #133 – Old Pleasant Grove Fort
Located at 300 South 300 East in Pleasant Grove, Utah
See also Pleasant Grove Fort.
In 1853 because of Indian troubles, Brigham Young instructed the people to build forts for protection. A two foot six inch rock wall from three to five feet high, four city blocks square, was built here.
Private homes faced the center of the Fort. In the center four blocks were situated the barns and a community corral. The culinary water was flumed in.
This monument stands at the southeast corner of the Fort. The other corners are also marked.
See other U.P.T.L.A./S.U.P. Markers here.