The first school house in Centerville was a little one-room log building, situated on this site. John S. Gleason taught school here during the winter of 1851 and 1852. Several adobe schools were built in the village between 1855 and 1864. Later, a rock school in north Centerville and a red brick school in the town center were built.
In 1897, the Central School was built on the foundation of the original 1851 log school house. This brick building housed the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students. The school faced east. Five or six wooden stairs led to the double doors at the northeast front corner, the only entrance to the building. A bell tower sat atop the entrance way. Inside the building was one large classroom. Teachers and principals who taught here include Ray C. Naylor, Eugene Decker, Davis F. Smith, John H. Tolman, and Thomas F. Howells.
When the Centerville Elementary School was completed in 1916, the Central School was abandoned. The Central School students joined the elementary students from the Red Brick School and the North Centerville School in the new Centerville Elementary School.
Located in Centerville, Utah.