Davis County, DUP, historic, Historic Markers, Syracuse, utah
Syracuse First Social Center
About 1872 the first soil was plowed in this community and in 1876-77 homes were erected. The people attended church services in Kaysville and Farmington prior to 1882 when Pres. Wm. R. Smith of Davis stake organized a branch of the L.D.S. church with Wm. H. Beazer presiding elder. In 1885 the people donated means to erect a one room frame building about 25 X 40 feet 2 miles west of this spot, which was used many years as a church, school, and social center. Some of the rocks of the original foundation are used in this monument.
See other Syracuse Utah related posts here.
See other D.U.P. Historic Markers here.