University Neighborhood Historic District
447 South 1200 East
Built in 1913, this two-story house is a good example of a foursquare Prairie-style dwelling. It was originally built for James A. and Dora W. Lynch. Mr Lynch came to Utah in 1909. In 1911 he helped organize the Lynch-Cannon Engineering Company; he later organized the Lynch Construction Company and became City Engineer in 1923. In 1924 Robert H. Bradford, a metallurgy professor at the U of U, purchased the home and lived here for many years. His daughter, Nettie Bradford, later resided here.