131 South 1200 East
Another of the historic homes located in the University Neighborhood Historic District.
This two-story house was constructed c.1904 for Justus and Matilda Jungk. Mr. Jungk worked as a manager for the Improved Brick Company of Salt Lake City. The company manufactured various types of brick for local construction, and its brick likely was used in this dwelling’s foundation and exterior walls. The architectural features include a hip roof with a centered gable dormer, a large projecting bay on the south facade, and a broad hip-roofed porch with paired columns. The house retains its historical integrity and is a contributing resource to the University Neighborhood Historic District.