Settled by Mormon pioneers in 1851. A Branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized on December 21, 1851 with William Pace as Bishop. Because of trouble with the Indians, a fort was built in 1853. As the mineral began to rise on the farmland, and upon the advice of President Brigham Young, the settlers moved in 1856 to the Upper Settlement (now known as Spanish Fork). Settlers began to move back to Palmyra and building homes in the mid-1870’s. In 1891, Palmyra was known as the North Branch under the leadership of Bishop Marinus Larsen, Bishop of the Spanish Fork Third Ward. Palmyra became an independent ward on August 11, 1901. A.T. Money was called to be Bishop. Boundaries of the ward were east to Spanish Fork, North to Utah Lake, West to the Spanish Fork River and South to Lake Shore.
- Palmyra, Utah