The Yellow Pine Mining Company Railroad, a historic marker in Jean, Nevada.
Built in 1911, the Yellow Pine Mining Company Railroad was a twelve and a half mile long narrow-gauge railroad connecting the town of Goodsprings to the Union Pacific Railroad here at Jean. The railroad was built from material purchased from the defunct Quartette Mine Railroad in Searchlight, Nevada. The Yellow Pine Mining District covered the area around Goodsprings and the Sandy Valley area. The primary ores mined were zinc and lead. Other mines produced gold, silver, platinum, palladium, copper, vanadium, molybdenum, nickel, cobalt, and uranium. The district went through several booms and busts, and be 1930 the railroad was out of business. The rails were torn up in 1934, but the right-of-way can still be seen along the road between Jean and Goodsprings.