William Ford House
William A. Ford, a blacksmith, built this frame and adobe house with clapboard siding about 1880. The house is a hall-parlor plan with a rear addition. Ford’s blacksmith shop was located west of the house. The house was sold to Edward Sahlberg about 1920. John R. Baxter purchased it in 1927, and it still remains in the Baxter family (as of 2001).
Located at 13 North Main Street in Spring City, Utah
William Ford, a blacksmith, owned this adobe-lined, wood frame house. The hall-parlor has a rear addition, form that is not uncommon to the area. Ford’s blacksmith shop was likely situated to the west of the house. The house was sold to Edward Sahlburg about 1920. John R. Baxter, Jr.(1888-1978), owner and operator of the nearby confectionery and Lyceum Theater lived here for many years. Baxter’s descendants still own the home.