Reuben W. Allred, Sr., House
The original stone house (northern section) was built for Ruben Warren Allred c 1864, making it one of the oldest in town. It was expanded by a 1909 brick addition on the south and further altered in the 1970s by the stuccoing of the exterior walls. Rueben Allred, a native of Tennessee, came to Utah in 1849 then moved to Manti in 1853. From 1855 to 1860 he served as bishop of Fort Ephraim. He settled permanently in Spring City in 1861 and lived in this house until his death in 1884.
415 South Main Street in Spring City, Utah