Carbon County, Furniture Stores, Helper, Helper Historic District, Historic Buildings, Hotels, JCPenney, NRHP, utah
Helper Furniture and Hardware
This building was constructed in 1919 out of brick and stone rubble salvaged from the burned Double Rock store. Helper Furniture and Hardware Company, a business started by Mike Bergera and purchased by Joe and John Quilico in 1923, was located on the first floor. The original J. C. Penney store in Helper was also located on the first floor. The Hotel Utah, operated in the 1930s by D. C. Cavenah, was located on the second floor. This two-story commercial building contributes to the historic character of the Helper National Register Historic District.
76 South Main Street in Helper, Utah