The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1903, is significant as one of only four commercial w structures on Main Street that retain historic integrity, and as the only building in Beaver documenting the importance of secular fraternal lodges and societies in the development of the town. The Independent Order of Odd Fellows ranked as an important nineteenth and twentieth century fraternal organization, who served a vital social function in many towns throughout the country. The eventual acquisition of this building by the Beaver Grand Lodge symbolized the adherence of this social order to the town of Beaver.
This commercial structure was built in about 1903, probably by Charles C. Woodhouse. Scant records indicate that the structure served as a commercial property on the first floor and housed meeting rooms and social space on the second. In 1926 the IOOF Beaver Lodge, who had apparently been utilizing the second floor of the facility, decided to purchase the property as their own. The building was mortgaged and finally paid off in November, 1940. It continues to be owned by the IOOF Lodge.
An original 1917 Sanborn map and an updated map of 1931 indicate that the structure housed a drug store on the first floor. It continues in that function as the home of Beaver Drug.
Located at 35 North Main Street in Beaver, Utah and added to the National Historic Register (#83003885)