Goshen Grist Mill was built in 1864 or 1865 by William W. Smith. He operated the Mill south of present day Goshen on the creek until 1866 when the Black Hawk War forced him to move to Santaquin for protection. Later the Edgar Finch family ran a farm where the mill was located. They used the Mill Stone for many years as a front door step to their house. That is why the bottom of the stone is broken off. Historical information has been preserved by William Morris Smith a great grandson. In 2003 the LDS Church purchased the farm from the Finch family and allowed this stone to be used for an Eagle Scout Project, organized by Vance Garner a 4th great grandson of William W. Smith in the spring of 2004.