Tags

, , , ,

Image

Fort Harmony was designated as the training site of the Iron County division of the Utah Militia. In 1857 the Militia was divided into 13 districts. The southern group consisted of all counties south of Beaver and was known as the Iron County division. In 1867, during the period of the Blackhawk War, these companies trained at this place under the command of Brigadier General Erastus Snow and Captain James Andrews.

Image