Cedar Springs Fort
Erected 1855-56, was 150 feet long north and south by 75 feet wide. Facing each other and standing 30 feet apart were two rows of adobe houses. The gateways were in the north and south walls.
Richard Johnson and William Stevens, Sr. and families were the pioneers who came in the spring of 1855, five other families from Fillmore followed in the autumn and assisted in constructing the fort, which was completed in the spring of 1856.
The townsite was surveyed in 1867 by Edwin King and the name Holden adopted in 1869.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup