D.U.P. Marker #320 in Marysvale.
In 1864 several families of Latter-day Saints settled in this valley but were forced to evacuate because of Indian troubles. Here in 1868 miners discovered precious metal and took possession of the area. April 15, 1883, a branch of the L.D.S. Church was organized, Hugh D. Lisonbee, presiding elder, succeeded by Jared Taylor. When the ward was organized in 1895, Charles C. Pinny was chosen the first bishop. A one-room school house was erected and used for all public meetings.