Pioneer Memories of 1866
In 1866 the Pioneers gathered the stones in this base, from the river channel and bench lands surrounding Logan, for the purpose of building a fort wall around the Tabernacle Square. Time proved that a fort was not necessary and the stones were built into a wall that surrounded the Logan Tithing Yard in 1870- therefore: in loving memory of the early builders,- we do, hereby, acknowledge our gratitude to our Pioneers by erecting this drinking fountain with the stones as above described. Our desire is that it may continue to be a wall of protection to the health and happiness of this community.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup