In 1853 the settlers west of the Jordan River were advised by President Brigham Young to build a fort, to protect them from Indians. Thick walls of rock and adobe, with one gate surrounded two acres of land. Adobe partitions separated dwellings that faced a central area containing a combined church and school and a well of brackish water. The fort was located north of the present site of Taylorsville Cemetery. The foundation of this marker is built of rock from pioneer homes of this community.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup