Plain City was settled in 1859 by a group of pioneers from Lehi. The city was laid out in five-acre squares of four lots each, the work being done at night with the North Star as a guide to mark the blocks accurately. This was the second cabin built here and the builder was John Carver, Sr. It was typical of other pioneer homes used here at that time.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup