Erected by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers and the State of Utah as a replica of the Salt Lake Theater. Dedicated July 23, 1950, as a Hall in which to preserve the names, portraits, histories, manuscripts, relics and other evidences of wisdom, industry and culture of nearly 86,000 immigrant pioneers who, from 1847 until 1869, with ox team, handcart and on foot crossed a thousand miles of wilderness to find religious freedom and new homes in the Rocky Mountains.
Plaque B: Eliza R. Snow Leader of Pioneer women January 21, 1804 December 5, 1887
Plaque C: Presented to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers and the State of Utah by the Nicolas G. Morgan Sr. Memorial Foundation
This is a two story, stone building in a Classical Revival style. It has a flat roof and a “T” plan, the leg of the “T” pointing north. The facade is symmetrical with an indented entrance area accented by two Doric columns. Pilasters divide the windows on the secondary facades and mark the corners. First story windows have pedimented headers; second story windows have flat, dentiled headers.