Tags

, , , ,

picture24jul07-248St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, built 1885, remains as one of the oldest Catholic Churches in Utah. Constructed under the direction of Reverend Denis Keily, the building represents both the importance of Irish settlement in Tintic as well as the early Catholic missionary efforts of Bishop Lawrence Scanlan. The church was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on March 14, 1979 as part of the Eureka Historic District.