The original section was constructed C. 1854 by Edward Clark, a Mormon convert from England who came to Utah in 1852. He was Bishop of the Provo Third Ward and President of the Utah County Branch of the Deseret Agricultural and Manufacturing Society.
In 1863 John H. Carter made a side and second story addition. The home was owned by several individuals until 1898 when it was purchased by Thomas N. Taylor, one of Utah County’s most prominent citizens. T.N. Taylor was Mayor, Bishop, Stake President, Chairman of the Board of Trustees for Brigham Young University and Democratic Candidate for Governor in 1920. The home remained in the Taylor Family since 1898.
This is one of the oldest homes in Utah.